People + Process
THE NUMBER OF DAYS STEVE WAITED TO RECEIVE HIS HAND-FORGED KRAMER CHEF KNIFE.
Steve McDonald, CPA
Under Steve’s leadership, AEM has helped thousands of governments, nonprofits, businesses, and individuals throughout Minnesota find their path to success.
As a culinary enthusiast, Steve knows that quality ingredients make an ordinary meal extraordinary. By the same token, he also understands how a quality, highly trained staff can take an accounting firm—and its clients—to the next level.
Under Steve’s leadership, Abdo, Eick & Meyers has experienced exceptional growth. “We’ve spent a lot of time on staff development, investing in everything from technical skills to leadership and management skills,” explains Steve. “We’re committed to helping our people grow. And, in turn, we can better assist our clients in their own growth.”
Steve equips his people with a process that is completely client-centered. “AEM is focused on helping our clients find success. We go beyond simply providing tax or auditing services—we’re here to partner with them to simplify complexities and solve their challenges.”
Since joining the firm in 1991, Steve has helped governments, nonprofits, businesses, and individuals throughout Minnesota find their path to success. After graduating from Minot State University, he came right to work for AEM. “I was inspired by a business case study project in college—my accounting skills helped me in knowing how to improve the business. I liked being able to help a company be better.”
When he’s not cooking up a gourmet meal, he enjoys reading, sports of all types, and staying involved in the activities of his three children.
- Minot State University, B.S. in Accounting
- Minnesota Government Finance Officers Association
- Minnesota Association of School Business Officials
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants, Government Accounting and Auditing Committee, Past Chairman of the City Report Review and School District Report Review Committees
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Government Finance Officers Association, Special Review Committee