People + Process
NUMBER OF JARS OF GARDEN SALSA CHRIS CANS EACH FALL.
Chris Powers, CPA
As a Business Partner, Chris specializes in helping businesses and nonprofits grow.
Chris is a dedicated gardener. Each spring, she carefully plants rows of tomatoes, peppers, and jalapeños—key ingredients for her legendary salsa. But Chris’ green thumb isn’t confined to the garden: she helps her clients grow, too.
Since joining AEM in 1997, Chris has focused her practice on accounting, consulting, tax, and audit services for businesses and nonprofits. As a Business Partner, she helps clients tend to issues year-round, not just in tax season. She specializes in weeding out software, tax, cash flow, management, and planning issues.
Above all else, Chris sees herself as a member of her clients’ organizations. “It’s never ‘I’ or ‘you,’” she says. “When I think of my clients, it’s always ‘we.’”
When she’s not wielding her green thumb in the office or garden, Chris volunteers her time to local charities and enjoys boating and weekend breakfasts with her family. She resides in the Mankato area with her husband and four children.
- Minnesota State University Mankato, B.S. in Accounting and Business Administration
- ARRM, Associate Member
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Greater Mankato Area United Way, Former Board Member
- Le Center Planning and Zoning, Former Chairperson
- YWCA Mankato
- Children’s Museum of Southern Minnesota, Board Member