People + Process
THE NUMBER OF INCHES IN LENGTH OF THE LARGEST MUSKIE CAUGHT BY ANDY.
Andy Berg, CPA
As a Government Partner, Andy helps local governments throughout Minnesota serve their communities more efficiently.
Andy is an avid muskie fisherman. When he’s not fishing for the elusive Minnesota sport fish, he’s fishing for ways to help his clients identify cost-savings and areas for improvement.
Since joining the firm in 1994, Andy has overseen audits for cities, schools, and organizations of all shapes and sizes. He also supervises several municipal, school district, and nonprofit audits and is well versed in Uniform Guidance. “I enjoy the opportunity to collaborate with a variety of people and organizations,” he says. “And it’s rewarding to help others make the most of the time they spend at work.”
Andy stays current on issues affecting his clients by staying involved in several industry organizations. He participates on the special review committee for the Government Finance Officers Association. This committee reviews reports for acceptance into the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting program.
Along with fishing, Andy enjoys spending time with his family in the great Minnesota outdoors.
- Gustavus Adolphus College, B.S. in Accounting, cum laude
- Minnesota Association of School Business Officials
- Minnesota Government Finance Officers Association
- Government Finance Officers Association
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants, City Report Review Committee
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants