2020 Nonprofit Financial Success Series
Alongside our co-sponsor, Minnesota Council of Nonprofits, we invite you to join us for our 2020 Nonprofit Financial Success Series – designed to help you navigate the twist and turns of complex financial issues that you face as a nonprofit.
Session 1 | Time and location to be announced soon!
Gain knowledge and insight in our half-day, complimentary sessions, where we will cover relevant topics to help your nonprofit succeed. In this session we will cover:
- Non-cash Contributions: We’ll walk through how and when to record noncash contributions, including the IRS rules around how to receipt your donors for their noncash contributions.
- Advertising vs sponsorship: Gain a clear understanding of the IRS-sanctioned difference between sponsorship and advertising which is critical for any nonprofit that solicit sponsorships.
- Gambling Best Practices for Nonprofits: Know the rules when it comes to what the state of Minnesota permits when it comes to conducting raffles, Bingo, and other games of chance.
- Internal Control: Are you tired of your auditor writing up a significant deficiency related to Lack of Segregation of Duties? We’ll look at ways to have good separation of duties even in small organizations.
- Wage and Hour Check-in: Get up to speed on the different updates that went into effect in 2020 for Wage and Hour compliance and what you should be doing about them.
We understand that best practices and compliance are important for building and maintaining a strong foundation for your Nonprofit. Gain insight, knowledge and best practices to support the growth of your nonprofit by attending our Nonprofit Financial Success Series throughout 2020.
Lunch will be provided | 3 Credits of CPE included
We welcome you to bring a guest!